6 Top Considerations Of Determining Faulty Electrical Wiring And How To Resolve The Issue
Redundant, impaired or otherwise inadequately installed and sustained wiring is not an ideal situation as it is the leading cause for thousands of electrical fire incidents in the United States every year that can lead to costly repairs and sometimes hospital accounts.
By being aware of the warning signs for probable faulty electrical wiring, you can avoid being one of the statistics.
Signs That Are An Indication Of Possible Faulty Electrical Wiring:
Circuit Breakers That Keep Tripping
It is not unusual for a circuit breaker to trip occasionally, as that is designed to shut down in case of the system being overloaded. Generally, you just need to switch it back on and continue with your duties. However, if your circuit breaker is continually tripping for no apparent reason (on numerous occasions monthly), it can be a real indication that your home’s electrical wiring is faulty.
Another major sign of defective electrical wiring is buzzing, flickering or dimming lights. Whenever your lights are making a buzzing sound or dim when turned on or when multiple appliances are in use, it is a sure sign that your electrical wiring is in need of a licensed upgrade. Just because the circuit breaker is not tripping, doesn’t mean you’re not having a problem.
Unravelled Or Worn-Looking Wiring
Damaged wiring poses a severe fire hazard or electrical shock risk. If you suspect that pets, rodents or amateur handiwork damaged your wiring, it is imperative that you must get in contact with a professional electrical contractor to perform an inspection to determine whether your wiring needs replacement.
Signs Of Scorching, Discolouration Or Smoke
If you observe any discolouration or signs of scorching on your outlet points, it is a veritable sign that the wiring in your home is damaged and releases heat. If left unchecked, it can lead to a significantly worse situation with dire repercussions. So, it is necessary to keep concern with your domestic electricians and make your home and your loved one safe.
Inspect Wall Outlets For Warmth Or Vibration
By physically inspecting the wall outlets without touching the wiring itself by feeling for any vibration or heat, is another way of determining wiring that has gone bad.
Burning Or Peculiar Odours
When you’re uncertain about whether you’re experiencing problems with electrical wiring, you can smell if any burning or unusual odours are coming from the wall outlets or electrical panel. A burning smell can be an indication of already existing fire damage and needs to be addressed immediately.
How To Resolve The Issue Of Faulty Electrical Wiring?
If you have done all the checks and are experiencing any of these warning signs mentioned above, it is essential that you or any of your friends or family is not attempting to fix it yourself. Only the services of a qualified and professional electrical contractor must be obtained to adequately inspect the electrical wiring in your home and make the necessary recommendation. Attempting to fix the problem yourself can result in serious injury and further damages.